Saturday 6 November 2010

The Arc of the Rainbow

Last night our group talked and meditated on the chakras and their importance in life. It was a lovely, intense and life-giving session.
The next day the skies were awash with rainbows, and my daughter and I marvelled at their beauty.
And then I wondered, could it be that in a strange otherworldly way 'Iris' - Goddess of the Rainbow and messenger of the Gods, was trying to send me a message? It struck me how the vivid colours of the rainbow match so remarkably well with the colours of the chakras, with the exact alignment of the 7 fundamental chakras along the spine.  Even the radiance in colour that we see in the rainbow, is exactly how, in the Upanishads, it is told that the  chakras glow with light and colour. Colour is sound that cannot be heard, extremely fine wavelengths. In mythology the rainbow is a bridge to the otherworld, to heaven. A link between this world and others. It is found in Greek mythology, and in Old Norse it is called Bifrost, a burning rainbow bridge between our world and that of the Gods. It also signifies our own raising of consciousness. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, is the elixir of life, found here on earth, if we take the journey along the rainbow bridge. It is a strong reminder of the prophecy of the 'Warriors of the Rainbow', a native American story that many believe is about our time right now.
Of course, as often is the case with me, a song came to mind, and yes it speaks of the rainbow colours of ourselves, and how important it is to trust them, and to always be present in them no matter what life throws at you.....
True Colors 
Cyndi Lauper
"You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realise
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make u feel so small 
But I see your true colours
Shinin through
I see your true colours
And thats why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow.
Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
when I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
and you've taken all you can bear
You can call me up
Because u know I'll be there."


Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZDjnWtK1A 

A Rainbow Meditation by my friend Kelvin;

http://www.kelvinheardhealer.org/oneworldspirit/index.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment